Spurious reboot in 8.1-RELEASE when reading from ZFS pool with > 9 disks

Boris Kochergin spawk at acm.poly.edu
Wed Oct 20 17:37:21 UTC 2010

  Ahoy. I just thought I'd add a data point to the mix. I have an
11-disk v13 pool comprised of 400-GB disks on an 8.1 amd64 system and
the machine behaves just fine with it:

# zpool status
   pool: archive
  state: ONLINE
status: The pool is formatted using an older on-disk format.  The pool can
         still be used, but some features are unavailable.
action: Upgrade the pool using 'zpool upgrade'.  Once this is done, the
         pool will no longer be accessible on older software versions.
  scrub: resilver completed after 0h0m with 0 errors on Fri Oct  8
17:56:52 2010
config:

         NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
         archive     ONLINE       0     0     0
           raidz1    ONLINE       0     0     0
             ad4     ONLINE       0     0     0  133K resilvered
             ad6     ONLINE       0     0     0  84K resilvered
             ad8     ONLINE       0     0     0  85.5K resilvered
             ad10    ONLINE       0     0     0  84.5K resilvered
             ad12    ONLINE       0     0     0  88K resilvered
             ad14    ONLINE       0     0     0  83.5K resilvered
             ad16    ONLINE       0     0     0  83K resilvered
             ad18    ONLINE       0     0     0  84.5K resilvered
             ad20    ONLINE       0     0     0  85.5K resilvered
             ad22    ONLINE       0     0     0  84K resilvered
             ad24    ONLINE       0     0     0  86.5K resilvered

errors: No known data errors

-Boris