Freebsd 8.1 + xorg + radeonhd hang

Jim Pingle lists at pingle.org
Sat Oct 16 19:04:41 UTC 2010

On 9/16/2010 12:20 PM, Eivind E wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Sep 2010, Warren Block wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 15 Sep 2010, Eivind E wrote:
>>> (WW) RADEONHD(0): !!! Option HPD is set !!!
>>>     This shall only be used to work around broken connector tables.
>>>     Please report your findings to radeonhd at opensuse.org
>>
>> radeon doesn't have this option at all.
>>> (II) RADEONHD(0): Output VGA_1 using monitor section Skjerm
>>
>> Odd.  Later on on it looks like it's using DVI-I_1/analog.  See my
>> xorg.conf for an example of tying monitors to specific outputs in the
>> Device section.
>
> I tried your configuration file so both of these should be fine,
> however, I'm not quite sure what's correct for the Monitor-DVI-X
> when using the adaptor to vga which came with the card. The monitor
> is an old crt one.

Not meaning to resurrect a month-old thread but I'm a bit behind on my
list mail. I just thought I'd pass long that I had problems in the past
with my older Radeon when using a VGA to DVI connector. Using either a
normal VGA port, or a DVI cable on the DVI port worked fine.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/2007-September/005251.html

Jim