C4B for modern FreeBSD [was: I4B: what happened, which options? [was: Policy for removing working code]]

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Sat Oct 16 16:25:09 UTC 2010

On Thu, 9 Sep 2010, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:

Hi,

> 2) I am (was) still running C4B on amd64 on RELENG_8 with a privately
>   hacked together capi call log, which is a hack without me even
>   thinking about capi (specs) when doing it, but was doing the job
>   for me for 7 and 8.  Getting the last C4B compiled for 8/HEAD or
>   amd64 isn't a lot of patching and I can probably provide patches
>   to you, if you want to make it a port.  The PRIV constants needed
>   for this in the base system have been shiping for a while:
>   http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base?view=revision&revision=192577

having sent out the patch to the only person who requested it
privately, I thought for later reference I should post it here as
well:

! Allow the latest Capi4BSD from http://www.nord-com.net/thomas.wintergerst/
! to compile on amd64 as well as modern FreeBSD versions without suser()
! or I4B support.

http://people.freebsd.org/~bz/20101016-01-c4b-amd64-priv.diff

I have done some late changed to get the __FreeBSD_version checks as
correct as possible and it compiles on my FreeBSD HEAD/amd64 but I
haven't tested it more.  I used to use it for a simple call log in the
past but not more either.  If you give it a try, send me feedback!

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                              Welcome a new stage of life.