Reproducible Kernel Panic on 8.1-STABLE [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Fri Oct 15 17:03:35 UTC 2010

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 16:27:51 +0200
Ivan Voras <ivoras at freebsd.org> wrote:

> How stable is fuse & sshfs lately? It looks like every time in the past
> I tried it I soon ended up panicking the system.

Well, I use sshfs routinely to copy data between my machines, and have
done so for about a year.
Mostly small files (like; oh I must get the documentation files /
whatever for this from my main workstation), but I have also used it
for backup of several terabytes of data. I connect and disconnect with
sshfs all the time.

Most machines run FreeBSD 7 / 8, mostly amd64
and a couple run Linux (Ubuntu). So far, very stable, and almost no
problems. I think the bug mentioned in this thread hit me, but just
once so far.

--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen