Reproducible Kernel Panic on 8.1-STABLE [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Wilkinson, Alex alex.wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au
Fri Oct 15 01:43:03 UTC 2010

    0n Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 04:51:10PM +0800, Wilkinson, Alex wrote:

    >    0n Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 02:13:27PM +0600, Sergey Nikolenko wrote:
    >
    >    >On 14.10.2010 09:26, Wilkinson, Alex wrote:
    >    >> I have come across a bug that triggers a kernel panic on 8.1-STABLE(r213395) through the
    >    >> use of /usr/ports/sysutils/fusefs-sshfs. Typically i do an sshfs mount as such:
    >    >>
    >    >>     #sshfs username at hostname:/home/username local_mountpoint/
    >    >>
    >    >> This mounts the remote filesystem fine. However, when i edit and save a file in
    >    >> say vi on the remote sshfs i get the following panic everytime:
    >    >
    >    >Try this out
    >    >http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=149674
    >
    >Yes! GREAT! This patch fixes the kernel panic! Can we get this committed ASAP ?

Committed!

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+--+--|
| [ 12:44 beat ] Original commit message  #                                            |  |  |
|                                                                                      |  |  |
|     ports/sysutils/fusefs-kmod/Makefile                               1.31 diff      |  |  |
|     ports/sysutils/fusefs-kmod/files/patch-fuse_module__fuse_main.c   1.1            |  |  |
|     - Fix panic on FreeBSD 8.x and newer                                             |  |  |
|     - Bump PORTREVISION                                                              |  |  |
|     PR:             ports/149674                                                     |  |  |
|     Submitted by:   Dmitrij Tejblum <dt AT yandex.ru>                                |  |  |
|     Approved by:    Anish Mistry <amistry AT am-productions.biz> (maintainer)        |  |  |

   -Alex

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Department of Defence and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the Crimes Act 1914. If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email.