need help with BElkin KVM and USB mouse problems.

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Wed Oct 13 21:25:13 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 08:48:08AM -0400, Boris Kochergin wrote:
>  I have a USB KVM whose mouse and keyboard work both on the console
> and in X. My xorg.conf is attached. I am running moused. I am *not*
> running hald.
>
> -Boris

	Appreciate your xorg posting, thanks..  What did the trick was
	to turn off half in /etc/rc.conf and add the following to the
	Server Layout block:

	Option "AutoAddDevices" "Off"

	I just checked: the mouse daemon is not running; the pointer
	works in both console and X modes.  Why? no clue. The help was
	from Warren Block's site.

	 http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/docs/html/aei.html

	 cheers,

	 gary