VirtualBox OpenSolaris guest

Alex Goncharov alex-goncharov at comcast.net
Mon Oct 11 00:25:11 UTC 2010

,--- You/Emil (Sun, 10 Oct 2010 16:41:39 +0200) ----*

,--- Torfinn Ingolfsen (Sun, 10 Oct 2010 19:56:02 +0200) ----*
| Aha, I was missing opera-linuxplugins. Installed now, seems to be
| working fine.  Very useful. Thanks!
`------------------------------------------------------------*

Ditto -- opera-linuxplugins is what I was missing; I had completely
forgotten about it!...

Years ago I had it (or so I think now) but Flash 10 didn't work, so I
started to use linux-opera, which actually looked better than the
native version, too.  Happily used linux-opera until 10.61 came out,
which having switched to a different UI toolkit turned out to be a
pretty different animal...  Ultimately I got tired of the flood of
messages "syscall not implemented" and last weekend made the effort to
make www/opera use linux plugins.

Was successful but at the cost of that horrible setup; bizarre or not,
I was happy with the www/opera's handling flash and most everything
else.

Fortunately, this topic was raised just a few days after, and you
showed us the path.

Thank you *very much*!

(It only www/opera stopped crashing on File/Exit now...)

-- Alex -- alex-goncharov at comcast.net --