out of HDD space - zfs degraded

Adam Stylinski kungfujesus06 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 17:38:46 UTC 2010

I noticed this is occurring on the siis driver.  Silicon Image has, in my
observations, had issues when any kind of port multiplication is occurring
(either by the card itself or by hardware port multiplier that you
purchase).  I have timeouts on my drives for my Silicon Image based
controller card if I use more than two ports (it was two eSATA and two
internal SATA).  If you search the mailing list other people have similar
issues who use port multipliers.  I've had good, brand new drives timeout
randomly with this driver.