MCA messages in dmesg

Adam Vande More amvandemore at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 22:58:28 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 1:45 PM, Adam Vande More <amvandemore at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks for looking into it, I'm going to play around with BIOS voltages to
> see if I can achieve some stability since I don't have much to lose trying
> that first.  The system may work fine for a week or more, then have a really
> bad day.  I've made some raises to the cpu voltage and we'll see how that
> goes.

Well neither voltage increases or swapping DIMM's helped the cause.  Looks
like it's time for new motherboard/cpu.  Unfortunately, I have plenty of
good DDR2 laying around, but it doesn't seem very viable since DDR2
boards/cpu are more money than DDR3 now.  If anyone is looking for some DDR2
1GB sticks for a reasonable price, let me know off list.  I have 6 of them
and they are nice RAM, OCZ and GSKILL.

--
Adam Vande More