ath0: lot of bad series hwrate and AH_SUPPORT_AR5416

David DEMELIER demelier.david at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 11:22:00 UTC 2010

Hi,

I just bought an Atheros 9285 for my laptop, I love it but there is a
lot of this in my dmesg :

ath0: bad series3 hwrate 0x1b, tries 2 ts_status 0x0
ath0: bad series3 hwrate 0x1b, tries 2 ts_status 0x0
ath0: bad series3 hwrate 0x1b, tries 2 ts_status 0x0
ath0: bad series3 hwrate 0x1b, tries 2 ts_status 0x0

I also don't understand why the option AH_SUPPORT_AR5416 is needed in
kernel, I found this
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2009-May/006417.html
and it should include it if the driver needs it, isn't it? Here my
kernel won't build if I remove it so I have :

options         AH_SUPPORT_AR5416
device          ath
device          ath_hal
device          ath_rate_sample