Build World fails on for 7-stable on gnu/lib/...

Sun Nov 28 15:08:14 UTC 2010

Greetings.

I have cvs'd to the most current 7-stable source tree and have compiled
a kernel using these sources.
However, when I attempt to complete the buildworld process, I keep
getting failures in the below-listed areas.

Does anyone know of an issue with these sources?  I see that this
release is now considered "legacy" so I hope I am not at end of life on
this source tree.

The system is just an edge router so I am just updating to the newest
stable release due to the assumptions that there may be some fixes
included in the sources.

I have my own patched ipfirewall sources, (don't feel like writing a
script for ipfw to run and figure out why it isn't running at boot,
etc....),however, I have not installed them yet, since I have not
patched anything on this test upgrade box, yet.

I have the full logs from build world and kernel build, if someone would
like to see them. (very long, and don't fail until the point listed below)

The kernel kept failing as well, until I used the old method by hand, in
the /usr/src/sys/i386/conf directory.

That is another question that I would like to ask.

Why am I able to compile and install a kernel just fine using the old
method, however, using the make buildkernel... method fails on some
obscure module that I usually don't even have included within the config
file?

gnu/lib/libgomp (buildincludes)
sed -e 's/@OMP_LOCK_ALIGN@/4/g'  -e 's/@OMP_LOCK_KIND@/4/g'  -e
's/@OMP_LOCK_SIZE@/4/g'  -e 's/@OMP_NEST_LOCK_ALIGN@/4/g'  -e
's/@OMP_NEST_LOCK_KIND@/8/g'  -e 's/@OMP_NEST_LOCK_SIZE@/8/g' <
/usr/src/gnu/lib/libgomp/../../../contrib/gcclibs/libgomp/omp.h.in > omp.h
===> gnu/lib/libregex (buildincludes)
sed 's=<posix/regex\.h>=<gnu/posix/regex.h>=g' <
/usr/src/gnu/lib/libregex/regex.h > regex.h.patched
===> gnu/lib/libregex/doc (buildincludes)
===> gnu/lib/libreadline (buildincludes)
===> gnu/lib/libreadline/history (buildincludes)
===> gnu/lib/libreadline/history/doc (buildincludes)
===> gnu/lib/libreadline/readline (buildincludes)
===> gnu/lib/libreadline/readline/doc (buildincludes)
===> gnu/lib/libstdc++ (buildincludes)
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
*** Error code 139

Stop in /usr/src/gnu/lib.