upd: 7.2->8.1 & many networks trouble & flowtable

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Thu Nov 25 19:43:55 UTC 2010

On 11/24/2010 01:36, Andrey Groshev wrote:
> Hi, PPL!
>
> A couple of days ago decided to upgrade from 7.2-STABLE to 8.1-STABLE
> (amd64).
> By tradition, waited some pitfalls.
> But damn, not to the same degree!
>
> The hardware on the server:
> Motherboard: Intel SE7520JR23S
> CPU's: 2 x Xeon 3Ghz
> Ram: 4Gb
>
> Software used: openospfd, openbgpd, bind, and so on.

I'm sorry to hear that you've had problems. One question I haven't seen
addressed is whether or not you recompiled your ports after you did the
OS version upgrade. If not, that could be the source of some of the issues.

Doug

			-- OK Go