top io mode

Adam Vande More amvandemore at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 19:12:19 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 10:03 AM, jhell <jhell at dataix.net> wrote:

> Is this on ZFS ?
>
> If that is the case it is a known problem that needs the following patch
> to fix the issue.
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~avg/zfs-ru.diff<http://people.freebsd.org/%7Eavg/zfs-ru.diff>
>
> I believe it is planned to be MFC'd but am not quite sure so I have CC'd
> Andriy and he should be able to advise further.

 Well the top bug didn't seem to resolve my actual issue and yes it it a
complete ZFS system.  Problem is that the HD activity indicator light is
constantly flickering even though should be minimal activity.  top still
shows no activity around the blinks, and there's no swapping happening
although gstat does seem to roughly match the blinks.  I can't tell what
your patch does, would it enable me to see what's touching the disk?

--
Adam Vande More