Can not build either kernel nor 'world'

jhell jhell at DataIX.net
Thu Nov 25 04:07:47 UTC 2010

On 11/23/2010 20:33, Zhihao Yuan wrote:
> I built and installed the latest 'world' this afternoon, and found that I
> can not build the kernel now. And, the devd can not be started. I do not
> know what's wrong. Maybe I need to downgrade my system to 8.1-RELEASE first.
> What should I do now?

This does not provide much information, You are trying to build world
and kernel for 8.1-STABLE ? or 8.1-RELEASE ?, CURRENT/HEAD ?

Have a log that you can put a link up somewhere so it can be viewed ?

Have you followed UPDATING entries that may be relavent to upgrading to
whatever your building ?

Also have a make.conf and src.conf with entries in it ? if so have you
tried removing those entries ?

Was your obj directory empty before you started your build ? If not,
remove it and start from scratch.

Also defining -DALWAYS_CHECK_MAKE may help in your situation as well but
its really hard to tell from this point.

--

 jhell,v