8.1-RELEASE: snd_hda works as module only, suspend/resume leaves display off

Jakub Lach jakub_lach at mailplus.pl
Sun Nov 21 11:29:42 UTC 2010

Stefan Walter-5 wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if there have been changes to the ACPI code in 8-STABLE
> since 8.1-RELEASE that might influence the suspend/resume behaviour in
> this case? (There has been an MFC recently, but I have no idea if that
> might change anything for me - cc'd jkim because he seems to know much
> about this stuff.)
>
> Regards,
> Stefan

Hello.

Recent change in suspend behaviour here I can
attribute only to ACPICA MFC.

Previously resume left me with blank screen or non
responsive one.

Now upon resume; from X11 or not, almost all is working,
only thing that is stalled is pointer.

Also, I get CPU0 local APIC error 0x40 and upon restarting

calcru : runtime went backwards from (...)
for pid 1 (init)

Huge improvement from non-working suspend though.

best regards,
- Jakub Lach

P.S. T400 amd64