TTY task group scheduling

Clifton Royston cliftonr at lava.net
Fri Nov 19 17:11:50 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 02:18:52PM +0000, Vincent Hoffman wrote:
> On 19/11/2010 12:42, Eric Masson wrote:
> > Bruce Cran <bruce at cran.org.uk> writes:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> >> Google suggests that the work was a GSoC project in 2005 on a pluggable
> >> disk scheduler.
> > It seems that something similar has found its way in DFlyBSD, dsched.
> And indeed to FreeBSD, man gsched. Added sometime round April
> http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base/head/sys/geom/sched/README?view=log

  Apart from the other comments on gsched, disk I/O scheduling is a
totally different animal than {thread,process,task} scheduling, even
when it comes to I/O-bound tasks.

  -- Clifton

P.S. Trimmed -current off the CC line; crossing 3 lists seems
rather superfluous.

--
    Clifton Royston  --  cliftonr at iandicomputing.com / cliftonr at lava.net
       President  - I and I Computing * http://www.iandicomputing.com/