acpi(ca) mfc for 8.2

Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko gaijin.k at ovi.com
Wed Nov 17 22:15:22 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-11-17 at 20:43 +0200, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> I want to do MFC of ACPICA imports to stable/8 before 8.2 release.
> This would obviously include commits that fix mismerges or remove obsolete code.
> Plus some other small enhancements/fixes in our ACPI code.
>
> This is what I currently have:
> svn status:	http://people.freebsd.org/~avg/acpi-stable-8.txt
> svn diff:	http://people.freebsd.org/~avg/acpi-stable-8.diff
> svn log ...:	http://people.freebsd.org/~avg/acpi-stable-8.log
>
> Please note that the svn diff above can not be used with patch(1), because of some
> svn peculiarities related to files in vendor area.
> Here's a plain diff that should be more useful:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~avg/acpi-stable-8.plain.diff
>
> I will appreciate any testing and reviews.
> Mobile users who track stable/8 would be the primary candidates, I guess :-)
> Thanks a lot!

On my system:

FreeBSD RabbitsDen.RabbitsLawn.verizon.net 8.1-STABLE FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE
#0 r215086: Wed Nov 10 11:07:30 EST 2010
root at RabbitsDen.RabbitsLawn.verizon.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/TPX60  i386

running on ThinkPad X60, I get proliferation of

"acpi_tz0: error fetching current temperature -- AE_NOT_FOUND"

messages after applying the patch.

Verbose dmesg from "before" and "after" cold boots are available at:

http://members.verizon.net/~akovalenko/ACPI/dmesg.before.bz2
http://members.verizon.net/~akovalenko/ACPI/dmesg.after.bz2

respectively.

Now, on this machine tz0 is not a real thermal zone but some kind of
implement to initiate system shutdown for some case I never had enough
time or inclination to track through ASL. Real thermal zone is tz1.

hw.acpi.thermal.min_runtime: 0
hw.acpi.thermal.polling_rate: 10
hw.acpi.thermal.user_override: 1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.temperature: 45.0C
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.active: -1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.passive_cooling: 0
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.thermal_flags: 0
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._PSV: -1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._HOT: -1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._CRT: 127.0C
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._ACx: -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._TC1: -1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._TC2: -1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._TSP: -1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz1.temperature: 43.0C
hw.acpi.thermal.tz1.active: -1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz1.passive_cooling: 1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz1.thermal_flags: 0
hw.acpi.thermal.tz1._PSV: 75.0C
hw.acpi.thermal.tz1._HOT: -1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz1._CRT: 97.0C
hw.acpi.thermal.tz1._ACx: -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz1._TC1: 5
hw.acpi.thermal.tz1._TC2: 4
hw.acpi.thermal.tz1._TSP: 600

If I can provide any additional information or test any patches, please,
let me know.

Also, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your work.

--
Alexandre Kovalenko (Олександр Коваленко)