Call for testers: FPU changes

Kostik Belousov kostikbel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 21:39:50 UTC 2010

Hello,
this is a call for testers of the merge of fpu_kern_enter/leave(9)
to RELENG_8. The changes are required to fix some issues with VIA
padlock engine, and to actually merge aesni(4) to RELENG_8.

I ask to look at the possible FPU context handling regressions.
Reports from the users of VIA padlock hardware are also needed.
Any user that has suspend/resume magically working on
8 branch, please test that the patch does not make the things
worse.

Please note that the pre-release freeze will start in 2 weeks, so
I need to get testing results relatively quickly to be in time for 8.2.

Patch is at
http://people.freebsd.org/~kib/misc/releng_8_fpu.1.patch

Thanks in advance.