Fatal trap 18

Dan Allen danallen46 at airwired.net
Wed Nov 3 19:45:41 UTC 2010

On 3 Nov 2010, at 2:18 AM, Sergey Kandaurov wrote:

> +       if (cpu_logical == 0)
> +               cpu_logical = 1;        /* XXX max_logical? */
>        cpu_cores /= cpu_logical;
>        hyperthreading_cpus = cpu_logical;

My machine contains an Intel Core Duo, not a Core 2 Duo.  However, both machines have 2 logical CPUs.  Perhaps the bug is not handling a Core Duo properly.

I just sync'd with csup's date command as Jeremy suggested.  It is building right now.  We'll see if a 2010.10.28.06.00.00 GMT system has the problem.  I doubt it does.  I think this Intel logical CPU code business is probably the culprit.

It is hard to believe that I am the only one with a Core Duo machine finding this problem!

More in a bit...

Dan