PF + BRIDGE still causes system freezing

Giulio Ferro auryn at zirakzigil.org
Mon May 31 06:03:25 UTC 2010

Max Laier wrote:
> On Friday 28 May 2010 07:46:07 Giulio Ferro wrote:
>
>> Months ago I reported a system freezing whenever bridge was used
>> with pf. This still happens now in 8.1 prerelease: after several minutes
>> to hours
>> that the bridge is active the system becomes unresponsive.
>>

> as I told you last time your reported this problem: you need to simplify your
> setup in order to track down the problem.  For all I know, you have created a
> routing or ethernet loop that is the cause of your problems.  Unless you can
> provide a simple setup that can be reproduced, you have to track down the
> issue yourself - sorry.
>
> Max

Ok, I've moved the vpn-bridging service to a server without pf, and now
it seems to work correctly.

I maintain that this issue would need to look into, anyway...
I don't think that a system freezing is acceptable, even when the
administrator
makes some configuration mistakes: the o.s. should complain about
"routing or ethernet loop", without leaving him wondering...
(how can I find them, anyway?)

Thanks for your help.