make world fails in usr.sbin/config?

Stefan Bethke stb at lassitu.de
Mon May 24 13:27:19 UTC 2010

Am 24.05.2010 um 15:13 schrieb Jeremy Chadwick:

> So now the problem has moved from usr.sbin/config to usr.sbin/awk?
> Weird.  Usually this sort of thing indicates excessive clock skew (as in
> rapidly skewing multiple seconds in bursts), or very strange filesystem
> problems.
>
> Is it possible for your /usr/obj to be made a UFS2 filesystem and for
> you to re-try your build?

I've now checked out via csup, and I've put /usr/obj on UFS.  The error has shifted yet again:
cc -O2 -pipe -I. -I/usr/src/usr.bin/lex -std=gnu99   -I/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/legacy/usr/include -c parse.c
/usr/src/usr.bin/lex/parse.y: In function 'build_eof_action':
/usr/src/usr.bin/lex/parse.y:786: error: 'MAXLINE' undeclared (first use in this function)

I would agree that this looks like time problems or similar, but I don't see how that could be the case.

I'll put the source on UFS as well, just to make sure.

> By the way, the buildworld + buildkernel I was running on the FreeBSD VM
> box I have just finished -- no issues.  And that's with make -j2.
> That's an 8.0-RELEASE machine which is being built to upgrade to
> RELENG_8.

A separate make buildworld on another machine is chugging along just fine, so there's definitly something odd about this box.

I've just moved from a root on UFS plus data on ZFS setup, to root on ZFS; that's the only real difference I can think of.  Although I don't see how that would affect building world, especially since I've had src and obj on ZFS before.

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811