lzma support in `stable' has potential issues

Garrett Cooper yaneurabeya at gmail.com
Mon May 24 07:26:26 UTC 2010

Hi Martin and Tim,
	I recently wiped off my Lenovo again to get a fresh install of FreeBSD on it, and started out at 8.0-RELEASE (it's the media that I had on hand at the time). Upgrading to 8-STABLE appears to be problematic though.
	On a few different occasions I ran into issues doing the following:

	make -C /usr/src/usr.bin/lzmainfo depend - fails to find the appropriate headers

	make -C /usr/src/lib/liblzma install - fails to install the headers into /usr/include/lzma

	Etc. I didn't see these issues before lzma was imported into the tree, which makes me wonder whether or not there are some missing build or install dependencies somewhere.
Thanks,
-Garrett