Freebsd 8.0 kmem map too small

Richard Perini rpp at ci.com.au
Mon May 10 23:57:58 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 04:43:26PM -0700, Artem Belevich wrote:
> You can try disabling ZIO_USE_UMA in sys/modules/zfs/Makefile
>
> Comment out following line in that file:
> CFLAGS+=-DZIO_USE_UMA
>
> This should revert memory allocation method back to its previous mode.
> Let us know whether it helps or not.

Thanks Artem, I'll try the suggestion and report back.  I'll give it 72 hours.
The workload of the machine is fairly consistent day to day.

Cheers,

--
Richard Perini                                       Internet:  rpp at ci.com.au
Corinthian Engineering Pty Ltd                       PHONE:   +61 2 9552 5500