DVD device unusable

Demelier David demelier.david at gmail.com
Sun May 9 07:19:37 UTC 2010

Hi freebsd-stable@,

   I wanted to play a DVD on my laptop (HP ProBook 4510s) and I just can't, it
   does

   libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.VOB at 0x00000150
   libdvdread: Error cracking CSS key for /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.VOB (0x00000150)
   libdvdread: Elapsed time 10

   So I check the dmesg and the surprise was :
   acd0: FAILURE - SEND_KEY timed out
   acd0: FAILURE - SEND_KEY timed out
   acd0: FAILURE - SEND_KEY timed out
   (last message repeated many times)

   I added atapicam to my kernel config to see if it will fix the problem and it
   doesn't.

   sudo camcontrol devlist
   <hp DVDRAM GT20L DC05>             at scbus1 target 0 lun 0 (pass0,cd0)

   In dmesg :
   acd0: DVDR <hp DVDRAM GT20L/DC05> at ata3-master UDMA100 SATA 1.5Gb/s

   If I remember well it was working on -RELEASE (it should because I installed
   from the -RELEASE device)

   King regards.

--
Demelier David