[ HEADS UP ] Ports unstable for the next 10 days

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Sun Mar 28 17:43:18 UTC 2010

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 17:56:34 +0200
Tobias Roth <freebsd.lists at fsck.ch> wrote:

> On 3/28/10 3:38 PM, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> > As announced before, a few big commits, that touch some thousands
> > ports are being done: png, curl, x11, gnome, kde4. The target ETA
> > is 6-7 April.
> >
> > The first one was done, update of graphics/png (including a shared
> > lib version bump), with about 5000 ports affected.
> >
> > We do _NOT_ recommend updating ports until this commits are all
> > done, and the problems are fixed, except if you want to help
> > testing / fixing.
>

> What does that mean, the first one was done? The port was updated
> before this warning?
>
> I have updated png this morning, will I now be negatively affected?

PNG update was committed this morning at 06:47:48 UTC.

If you have updated png (not just csup your ports tree) then you'll
probably have to update the rest of your ports, since they won't find
the old png shared lib. (you could try to map the new lib to the old
one, it might or not work)

FreeBSD committer -> itetcu at FreeBSD.org, PGP Key ID 057E9F8B493A297B