ahci errors on 8-stable

Harald Schmalzbauer h.schmalzbauer at omnilan.de
Mon Mar 15 17:21:35 UTC 2010

Nenhum_de_Nos schrieb am 09.03.2010 00:44 (localtime):
> On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 14:26:53 -0800
> Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd at jdc.parodius.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 06:38:02PM -0300, Nenhum_de_Nos wrote:
>>> I've seen these errors in a production machine in deep disk load (scp and
>>> bsdtar in heavy use):
>> Please provide the output from the following commands:
>
> As I had huge disk activity when those messages appeared, I did reboot after and now no more are there. I think the vmstat command should be issued when the problem was happening right ? (if so I can run the backup tar's and see what happens).

What disks do you use?
I have similar timeouts and mav has the hd firmware in mind to be the
culprit
http://unix.derkeiler.com/Mailing-Lists/FreeBSD/stable/2010-02/msg00737.html

In my case it's the samsung EcoGreen SpinPouint F2 1.5TB, Firmware
1AG01113 and 1AG01118. The disk on ahcich2 (where the timeouts appear)
has the newer firmware.

-Harry