[HEADSUP]: Ports feature freeze for 8.1 now in effect

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jun 18 14:36:48 UTC 2010

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 14:10:28 +0200
Erwin Lansing <erwin at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> In preparation for 8.1-RELEASE, the ports tree is now in feature
> freeze.
>
> Normal upgrade, new ports, and changes that only affect other branches
> are allowed without prior approval but with the extra Feature safe:
> yes tag in the commit message. Any commit that is sweeping, i.e.
> touches a large number of ports, infrastructural changes, commits to
> ports with unusually high number of dependent ports, and any other
> commit that requires the rebuilding of many packages is not allowed
> without prior explicit approval from portmgr after that date.
>
> When in doubt, please do not hesitate to contact portmgr.

And this time we will ask for instant back-out of everything that
should had not been committed in the first place.

If you have time, you can always help with unmaintained ports:
http://qat.tecnik93.com/index.php?action=failed_buildports&maintainer=ports%40freebsd.org&
or even maintained ones:
http://qat.tecnik93.com/index.php?action=failed_buildports

Help us getting a good, stable package set for the release please,

FreeBSD committer -> itetcu at FreeBSD.org, PGP Key ID 057E9F8B493A297B