[HEADS UP] Ports feature freeze coming soon

Erwin Lansing erwin at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jun 14 11:44:33 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 02:20:53PM -0400, FreeBSD portmgr secretary wrote:
> In preparation for 8.1-RELEASE, the ports tree will be in feature freeze
> after release candidate 1 (RC1) is released, currently planned for June 11.

As you may have noticed, RC1 has not been released as yet, but the delay
is not expected to be more than a few days.  The ports feature freeze
will therefore be postponed until this Friday, June 18, 12pm UTC.  We do
still ask you to be conservative with your changes until then.

-erwin

--
Erwin Lansing                                   http://droso.org
Prediction is very difficult