panic: rtqkill route really not free on freebsd 8.0-release

Chao Shin quakelee at geekcn.org
Wed Jun 2 03:51:45 UTC 2010

I worte:

> Hi all,
>
> I have four heavy load mysql database servers which system is 8.0-release
> got "panic: rtqkill route really not free" this week. We have a gateway
> set up by OpenBSD have a icmp route redirect function between two
> subnets,
> I suspect the FreeBSD panic at trying to delete routes sent from that
> gateway.
>
> So I set sysctl net.inet.icmp.drop_redirect=1, no more panic in past 24
> hours.
> I guess maybe miss some locks or wrong delete route path in 8.0-release.
>
> Did any one meet this problem before?

After four days research we think the problem is between function
in_matroute
and in_rtqkill. This two functions' conflicted at processing RTPRF_OURS
flag
routes. In my opinion, it is a design problem, so I have no idea about how
resolve it. The simple way I think is change the panic assert in
in_rtqkill,
treat it as a normal state not assert a panic.

--
The Power to Serve