8.1-RC2 MCE caused by some LAPIC/clock changes? (was: 8.1-RC2 - PCI fatal error or MCE triggered by USB/ehci on Sun X4100M2?)

Markus Gebert markus.gebert at hostpoint.ch
Tue Jul 20 22:57:26 UTC 2010

On 20.07.2010, at 10:15, jhell wrote:

>> Any ideas how to proceed?
>>

> Adding to this I remembered some specific commits that caught my attention when they happened. Specifically they were to mca.c (locate mca) on my machine provided the file paths and svn log provided the commit log.
>
> When you said April and I seen the log it rang a bell.

Thank you for the hint. We've already tried to reproduce with MCA disabled, and didn't succeed. The thing is, without altering the bios default settings, the OS doesn't even get an MCE before the system reboots itself showing those "hypertransport sync flood" and "pci express fatal error" stuff during POST. So I guess it's safe to say, that the problem happens before MCA can kick in.

Markus