openldap client GSSAPI authentication segfaults in fbsd8stablei386

Reko Turja reko.turja at liukuma.net
Sat Jul 17 22:37:05 UTC 2010

>Can you try reproducing the issue on 8-STABLE?
>
> I recently submitted a Heimdal patch against 8.1-STABLE and
> 9.0-CURRENT that resolves some libgssapi-related issues:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/147454
>
> The patch breaks ABI, so you'll have to rebuild libgssapi-dependent
> applications.

When linking cyrus-sasl2 against gssapi library from either the 1.0.1
official port or the inofficial 1.2.1 patchset cyradm works as
expected and it logs a message from gssapi/kerberos telling that no
KDC's are available - which is to be expected on a system that isn't
using gssapi/kerberos in authenticating.

So the present behaviour in 8-RELEASE and 8-PRERELASE updated Monday
the 5th is clearly some kind of regression as system gsslib doesn't
seem to recognize the mech used or segfaults.

Benjamin, can you clarify how to apply your patch against the source
tree - I tried 'patch < the_patchset.diff' in /usr/src but it just
created a bunch of files in the /usr/src which I think isn't the
intention.

-Reko