Unable to boot FreeBSD 8.0-p3

Scott Sanbeg ssanbeg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 17:25:40 UTC 2010

For me, GNUbie, it was a matter of laying out UFS filesystems. The system
comes up just fine with this and has run rock-solid for 3 weeks or so now. I
am currently scripting a configuration for creating a RAID-1 boot/swap
device and RAID-1+0 everything else, and expect to complete it some time
next week.

I will return to the pursuit of getting ZFS to work for root at a later
time. ZFS is cool, but 8.0-RELEASEp3 doesn't appear to like it very well. Or
it's me being a newbie once again to the FreeBSD/ZFS platform. :)

Scott