Unable to boot FreeBSD 8.0-p3

GNUbie gnubie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 15:59:50 UTC 2010

Hello MV,

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 11:47 PM, M. Vale <maurovale at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hum strange I've seen this occur on 2 types of situations:
>
> 1 - virtualbox or other module loaded at boot time
> 2 - Hardware problem
>
> To fix it you have a list of small options.
>
> The first one is by booting with the FreeBSD CD and choosing rescue/upgrade
> system
>
> Other option is by removing Memory DIMM's to ensure that the problem is not
> caused by a fault RAM module.

I am currently running memtest86 here on my livecd. If there is no
error, then this could be something else.

Still strange for me on the stdout before my system reboots that says:
"Cannot dump. Device not defined or unavailable." Does it mean that
when loading the kernel, it cannot dump it to the / or some other
designated place?

Regards,

GNUbie