Steven Friedrich freebsd at insightbb.com
Sun Jan 31 02:05:40 UTC 2010

On Saturday 30 January 2010 11:04:15 am Alexander Motin wrote:
> Steven Friedrich wrote:
> > I stopped the boot before the timer expired, after it had loaded modules
> > specified in /boot/loader.conf
> >
> > I loaded mmc, mmcsd, and sdhci.
> >
> > I continued the boot, and it panic'ed right after apic.
> >
> > I rebooted everal times, to load each individually, to narrow it down to
> > sdhci.
> >
> > Can anyone verify that sdhci is compatible with FreeBSD 8?
> >
> > I updated and built today.
>
> I am using it daily since written it and till present 9-CURRENT. Show
> your verbose boot messages and crash information.

I updated source and built world and kernel today.  My machine won't complete
a dump and reboot. I'll work on that, but the below text is from a successful
boot, and I show where the panic occurred.  I don't build all modules, but I
added mmc, mmcsd, and sdhci to the var in make.conf. When this all began, I
had built the modules and loaded them by hand. There was no panic, so I added
them to /boot/loader.conf and then it panic'ed. I've also made it panic by
stopping the boot and hand-loading the three modules. I haven't built these
into a kernel...

Copyright (c) 1992-2010 The FreeBSD Project.
Copyright (c) 1979, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994
        The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
FreeBSD is a registered trademark of The FreeBSD Foundation.
FreeBSD 8.0-STABLE #31: Sat Jan 30 16:19:51 EST 2010
    admin at laptop2.StevenFriedrich.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/LAPTOP i386
Timecounter "i8254" frequency 1193182 Hz quality 0
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz (2793.02-MHz 686-class CPU)
  Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0xf41  Stepping = 1
  Features=0xbfebfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,DTS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE>
  Features2=0x641d<SSE3,DTES64,MON,DS_CPL,CNXT-ID,CX16,xTPR>
  AMD Features=0x20100000<NX,LM>
  TSC: P-state invariant
real memory  = 2147483648 (2048 MB)
avail memory = 2094256128 (1997 MB)
ACPI APIC Table: <HP     3082    >
FreeBSD/SMP: Multiprocessor System Detected: 2 CPUs
FreeBSD/SMP: 1 package(s) x 1 core(s) x 2 HTT threads
 cpu0 (BSP): APIC ID:  0
 cpu1 (AP/HT): APIC ID:  1
ioapic0 <Version 2.0> irqs 0-23 on motherboard

Here, it reported a  trap 12 page fault while in Kernel mode
fault code supervisor read, page not present

The next line would have been:
video4bsd: /dev/video0..9, /dev/video_daemon0..9

Here's  a snip from the original topic and a response:
On Friday 29 January 2010 23:14:06 Steven Friedrich wrote:
> I'd like to access the digital media slots on my laptop.
>
> Specifically, I want to read Sony Memory Sticks.
>
> pciconf -lv shows the devices:
>
> none2 at pci0:11:0:3:    class=0x018000 card=0x3082103c chip=0x8033104c
rev=0x00
> hdr=0x00
>     vendor     = 'Texas Instruments (TI)'
>     device     = 'PCIxx11/21 Integrated FlashMedia Controller'
>     class      = mass storage
> none3 at pci0:11:0:4:    class=0x080500 card=0x3082103c chip=0x8034104c
rev=0x00
> hdr=0x00
>     vendor     = 'Texas Instruments (TI)'
>     device     = 'SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller (10981734)'
>     class      = base peripheral
>     subclass   = SD host controller

Probably supported by sdhci(4).

I don't know which of the two controllers supports Sony Memory Sticks, but I
figured I'd get the drivers installed and try it.