7.3-BETA1 Available... [memstick.img?]

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Sat Jan 30 06:19:16 UTC 2010

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010, Ken Smith wrote:

 > 7.3-BETA1, the first test build of the 7.3-RELEASE cycle, is now
 > available for amd64, i386, pc98, and sparc64 architectures.  The target
 > schedule along with the current status of the release is available here:
 >
 >   http://wiki.freebsd.org/Releng/7.3TODO

Hi Ken,

are there any plans afoot to release memstick.img/s for 7.3-R?

If so, where should I look for information on how it may be done?

If not, is there something about RELENG_7 precluding that?  USB stack?

My search for information on the particular recipe/s used to make the
8.0-R memstick images has proven fruitless so far, despite several
useful suggestions on ways to make various other sorts of bootable USB
stick images.  So far they seem to have been made out-of-band, somehow?

My particular interest is in putting DVD release/s onto a 4GB(+) stick,
hopefully on bootable slices rather than 'dangerously dedicated' form.

cheers, Ian