freebsd 8.0 stable amd64/x86 needs ~9min to bootup

Zavam, Vinícius egypcio at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 17:26:37 UTC 2010

noon, all you guys.

well, I'm having some issues during the 8.0-stable bootup process.
it takes ~9min to finish the entire boot process to shows me the
"login:" screen.

since my first installation attempt to get freebsd up and running here
with my dv3-2155mx[1] hp pavilion laptop using 8.0-RC1 amd64 iso I
could not boot freebsd up smooth and nicely as it always did for me in
my last laptop (dv6130us)[2], but I could install it without any
problem.
you may check http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqtz7E7u4fA to see what
realy happens.

now I'm using a grub 0.97 from my old gentoo linux installation to
bootstrap the freebsd loader.
I tryed debug and verbose options using grub and freebsd loader.conf
but both just result nothing special.

I've been updated and downgraded my laptop bios (by Insyde Software /
HP) but got no good results either. I tryed versions F1.3A, F1.2, F0.7
and the original F0.6 version that came originally from HP.

to try another way to get into 8.0-stable or 9-current I used 7.2,
7.1, 6.4 and 6.2 release x86 and amd64 iso images to install freebsd
and an it's older btx loader but, unfortunately, got the same. it
always "freezes" ~9min.

I can use freebsd after all the bootup process with no problem.
It's a 8.0-stable amd64 now. but I realy wanna know how could I solve
this issue.

read some cases/PRs/issues with other hp laptops but nothing like this
one I have. one of the problems I read was about dv6000 series -
weird, it was my old laptop serie and everything was just fine
installing, booting and running freebsd into.

what you guys think about it? can you give me a hand or a glue to pass
this through?

thanks.

[1] http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01777298&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en
[2] http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00782284&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en