Multiple serial consoles via null modem cable

Marin Atanasov dnaeon at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 06:34:21 UTC 2010

Thank you a lot for your feedback!

Now to the real question again, because I'm a little confused now - can I
still get a usb-to-serial port converter having let's say 8 serial ports and
then connect each machine to the usb-to-serial hub and manage them remotely
from a single location (the host having the usb-to-serial hub)? That way I
just specify a serial port number and I get to a specific machine?

The model provided by Boris looks nice, and that was my initial idea, but
I'm not sure if I could get it working under FreeBSD. Is conserver or
conserver-com able to handle this? I know that cu uses COM1 only, but will
conserver able to handle serial consoles on different ports, since the
usb-to-serial port would appear as multiple serial ports.

Thank you and regards,
Marin

--
Marin Atanasov Nikolov