bge panic in 8.0

Erik Klavon erikk at berkeley.edu
Thu Jan 14 01:47:20 UTC 2010

Hi

One of my amd64 machines running 8.0p1 acting as a NAT system for many
network clients dropped into kdb today. tr indicates a problem in
bge.

Tracing pid 12 tid 100033 td 0xffffff0001687000
pmap_kextract() at pmap_kextract+0x4e
bus_dmamap_load() at bus_dmamap_load+0xab
bge_newbuf_std() at bge_newbuf_std+0xcc
bge_rxeof() at bge_rxeof+0x36a
bge_intr() at bge_intr+0x1c0
intr_event_execute_handlers() at intr_event_execute_handlers+0xfd
ithread_loop() at ithread_loop+0x8e
fork_exit() at fork_exit+0x118
fork_trampoline() at fork_trampoline+0xe
--- trap 0, rip = 0, rsp = 0xffffff8074c01d30, rbp = 0 ---

I haven't been able to find a PR that matches this particular trace.

Pyun recently MFCd to stable (hence my post to this list) some changes
to bge that involve functions in the above trace and according to the
commit log (r201685) may address a kernel panic. Is there any
indication in the above trace that this is the type of panic the
commit attempts to address? I don't have a core dump for this
panic. This machine has been unstable on 8, so I may be able to get a
core dump in the future. If there is other information you'd like me
to gather, please let me know.

Thanks,

Erik