[Bulk] Re: USB problems on 8.0-STABLE

Frank frank_s at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 9 11:54:22 UTC 2010

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010, Warren Block wrote:

> Do you have DEVICE /dev/ugen0.2 in apcupsd.conf?

No, just DEVICE

>From the online manual:

If you have a USB UPS, the essential elements of your apcupsd.conf file
should look like the following:

## apcupsd.conf v1.1 ##
UPSCABLE usb
UPSTYPE usb
DEVICE
LOCKFILE /var/lock
UPSCLASS standalone
UPSMODE disable

Notice that we have not specified a device. In doing so, apcupsd will try
all the well known USB ports.

>> I don't understand why usbdevs can't find any controllers and apcupsd can't
>> find any device while the kernel and usbconfig can find it all.
>
> upsdevs: probably obsolete.  As for apcupsd, I don't think it can auto-scan
> for USB devices, but haven't used it with USB.

See above.

--
Frank