mounting ext3 for rw

Zoran Kolic zkolic at sbb.rs
Sat Jan 9 06:40:03 UTC 2010

Late reply. Bussy week.
After more reading, I changed my mind and
decided to go with e2fsprogs to manage ext3
formatted usb hard drive. I still have no
sheevaplug and no hdd, but I like to prepare
everything and be ready for every surprise.
I always recompile kernel and have no ext2fs
in it. I should probably kldload ext2fs.ko
first to have support. But, I still do not
see the way to manage ext3 in a different way,
since in the list of apps of e2fsprogs does
not exist one to have it. What to do otherwise:
mount -t ext2fs /dev/da0s1 /storage
Or, did I misunderstand the way it works?
Maybe I should not load the module and use
something I'm still not aware of?
Best regards

                    Zoran