mkvmerge requires rebuild after recent update

Sean C. Farley scf at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jan 6 03:53:44 UTC 2010

Following an update of my stable/8 system to r201626, mkvmerge from the
multimedia/mkvtoolnix port required a rebuild.  The system was that the
process would eat all available memory (4GB RAM and 8GB swap) until it
was killed.  Its size in top was something like--I should have wrote it
down--768GB and close to 4GB for resident.  When I updated to r201400
from an even earlier revision, mkvmerge did not exhibit this.

Currently, I do not see any other program showing any problems.

Sean
--
scf at FreeBSD.org