something fails with svn

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Sat Jan 2 01:22:53 UTC 2010

> Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 19:20:54 -0500
> From: jhell <jhell at DataIX.net>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-stable at freebsd.org
>
> On 1/1/2010 6:24 AM, Ed Schouten wrote:
> > * jhell<jhell at DataIX.net>  wrote:
> >> With those remarks I will leave it up to your honed skills to figure out.
> >
> > If you don't have anything constructive to say, please refrain from
> > responding to any message on these lists. The purpose of these lists is
> > to help each other.
> >

> You know really... I did not see anything that you have replied with to
> be constructive criticism "At all".
>
> And personally if you really want to reply with remarks of "Would you
> mind sharing your findings Sherlock Holmes" You can then keep your
> comments to your self as I do not find them useful and my name is not
> Sherlock Holmes.
>
> Secondly I would expect a much more intelligent remark to come from
> someone with your background but I guess that comes with age.
>
> So my suggestion in constructiveness to you would be to think harder
> before you critique a post of the very same nature as the one you posted.
>
> As regards to the OP the email was meant as a confirmation to the author
> that the problem did lye on his end and that by paying closer attention
> to "the paths" that were displayed in the OP would have revealed the
> problem.

OK. I will try to say something "constructive".

You seem to think that "clever", useless comments make you look good. As
someone who has been working with FreeBSD and the FreeBSD community for
a long time, all you really do is make yourself look juvenile, arrogant,
and rude. You are a prime example of why many people approaching the
FreeBSD community for help claim that we are an arrogant and rude bunch.

The information content of your messages approaches zero. Maybe the
problem is trivial and obvious to you. Maybe it would be to Ed, if he
could spot it. Now, if you have never missed an obvious bug until you
asked someone why the code would not work, you are either truly
exceptional (along with the adjectives listed above) or have written
little or no code of your own.

Please either provide reasonable assistance when responding to questions
or don't reply at all. No one likes a smart ass,

<plonk>
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)