mbuf leakage with nfs/zfs?

Gerrit Kühn gerrit at pmp.uni-hannover.de
Sat Feb 27 07:10:03 UTC 2010

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 23:12:39 +0100 Willem Jan Withagen <wjw at digiware.nl>
wrote about Re: mbuf leakage with nfs/zfs?:

WJW> > DB>  I'll have to do some packet snooping to check if it's TCP or
WJW> > DB> UDP nfs traffic, since some of the clients are Linux ...

WJW> > I have Linux clients, too. Some use tcp, some udp.

WJW> I have Linux and FreeBSD clients running. The build system runs on
WJW> Linux. All Linux's are UDP....

Another shot in the dark:
After upgrading the server, all my Linux clients hang with "stale nfs
dir/file handle/whatever". I was not able to umount them (not even
forcefully). I had to use either lazy forceful umount (-fl) or reboot. Some
of these clients are still hanging around, because they are physically
hard to access (clean room installs etc.). Maybe these clients still try to
establish connections that eat up the buffers and never come back?

cu
  Gerrit