em0 freezes on ZFS server

Gerrit Kühn gerrit at pmp.uni-hannover.de
Fri Feb 26 12:44:33 UTC 2010

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 13:31:38 +0100 Gerrit Kühn
<gerrit at pmp.uni-hannover.de> wrote about Re: em0 freezes on ZFS server:

GK> JC> Note how close the "current" value is to that of "total".  I'm not
GK> JC> too surprised you're seeing what you are as a result of this.
GK> JC> What on earth is this machine doing at all times?

GK> Is there any way I could find out what is actually using these buffers?

Sorry for replying to my own email:
At least in my case I found out what is eating the buffers: nfsd does!
The buffers stop increasing as soon as I stop nfsd. However, they start
increasing as soon as I start nfsd again.
Are there any ideas how to fix this? Downgrading back to 7-stable is not
really an easy task as far as I know, and I need the server to run without
having to reboot it once for twice a day...

cu
  Gerrit