ZFS tuning [was: hardware for home use large storage]

jhell jhell at DataIX.net
Wed Feb 17 03:56:13 UTC 2010

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 13:30, mattjreimer@ wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 5:49 PM, jhell <jhell at dataix.net> wrote:

>> It is funny that you guys are all of a sudden talking about this, as I was
>> just working on some modifications to the arc_summary.pl script for some
>> better formatting and inclusion of kmem statistics.
>>
>> My intent on the modifications is to make the output more usable to the
>> whole community by revealing the relevant system information that can be
>> included in an email to the lists for diagnosis by others.

>> Example output:
>> - ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> System Summary
>> OS Revision:                                    199506
>> OS Release Date:                                703100
>> Hardware Platform:                              i386
>> Processor Architecture:                         i386
>> Storage pool Version:                           13
>> Filesystem Version:                             3
>>
>> Kernel Memory Usage
>> TEXT:                           8950208 KiB,    8 MiB
>> DATA:                           206347264 KiB,  196 MiB
>> TOTAL:                          215297472 KiB,  205 MiB
>>

> Above did you really mean "8950208 B" not KiB, etc.?
>
> Matt

Yes, Thank you for pointing this out.

I have fixed this and it will be added to the the same url as before in
about 3 or so hours from the time of this email. This update will also add
some stats for L2 ARC as well.

Thanks again.

--

  jhell