hardware for home use large storage

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Tue Feb 16 11:54:35 UTC 2010

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010, Miroslav Lachman wrote:
> I have my backup storage machine booted from USB stick (as read-only
> UFS) with 4x 1TB HDDs in RAIDZ. It is running one and half year
> without problem.

Yeah, I am booting off a 4Gb CF card with adapter (I didn't trust the
BIOS enough for USB :)

I wouldn't use it for a remote system without redundancy but for a home
setup a very lightly used flash device seems like an obvious (and cost
effective) choice.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum