freebsd7 (and 8), radeon, xorg-server -> deadlock or so

Robert Noland rnoland at FreeBSD.org
Wed Feb 10 20:06:50 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-02-11 at 06:58 +1100, Peter Jeremy wrote:
> On 2010-Feb-10 20:33:46 +0200, Andriy Gapon <avg at icyb.net.ua> wrote:
> >I've long thought that xorg server should be linked with libthr regardless of HAL
> >option.  Unfortunately, I never came up with patch, nor have anyone else.
> >Xorg server really uses pthreads when doing DRM and HAL brings in libthr
> >dependency only as an accident.
>
> Try Ports/139011 - this adds an option to enable GLX TLS - which
> appears to be the underlying problem.

GLX TLS, just plain does not work on FreeBSD.  It has to be enabled in
both the server and mesa and just makes bad things happen.  I can make
it all build, but having it actually work is a whole other matter.

robert.

Robert Noland <rnoland at FreeBSD.org>
FreeBSD