Strange problem with 8-stable, VMWare vSphere 4 & AMD CPUs (unexpected shutdowns)

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Wed Feb 10 18:26:40 UTC 2010

On 10 February 2010 19:10, Andriy Gapon <avg at icyb.net.ua> wrote:
> on 10/02/2010 20:03 Ivan Voras said the following:
>> When you say "very unique" is it in the "it is not Linux or Windows"
>> sense or do we do something nonstandard?
>
> The former - neither Linux, Windows or OpenSolaris seem to have what we have.

I can't find the exact documents but I think both Windows
MegaUltimateServer (the highest priced version of Windows Server,
whatever it's called today) and Linux (though disabled and marked
Experimental) have it, or have some kind of support for large pages
that might not be as pervasive (maybe they use it for kernel only?). I
have no idea about (Open)Solaris.