A more secure approach of jail establishment. It could be included in jail chapter of fbsd handbook

George Mamalakis mamalos at eng.auth.gr
Wed Feb 10 13:33:29 UTC 2010

On 10/02/2010 15:10, Igor Mozolevsky wrote:
> alling a full blown OS inside their jails?
> You do know that it is possible to have a jail with a single program
> inside and not much els
  Yes I do, but still in my configs I may need much more than just one
program running in my jails, so I prefer the almost-full-OS option.
Moreover, I find it also easier to maintain and troubleshoot, no matter
how peculiar this may sound, since I don't have to chose only the files
needed in each jail when I upgrade them, and I am able to run terminals
in the jail, along with other which makes troubleshooting the jail easier.

Of course, this is just my opinion and I think it is more of a matter of
"taste" on how someone would want to setup their jails.

Thank you for your answer.

--
George Mamalakis

IT Officer
Electrical and Computer Engineer (Aristotle Un. of Thessaloniki),
MSc (Imperial College of London)

Faculty of Engineering
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki

phone number : +30 (2310) 994379