Unresponsive keyboard after a few boots

Rohit Grover rgrover1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 11:35:17 UTC 2010

Thanks for replying. I would like to pursue this problem. I have
verified that this problem doesn't happen with 8.0/RELEASE, and there
are some improvements in 8.0/STABLE which I need, so it is very
important for me to be able to use the latest 8.0/STABLE.

> My opinion is that MacOSX is initializing some circuit areas but FreeBSD 8.0
> is NOT touching in those areas . Therefore , initialization values from
> MacOSX are remaining in place and FreeBSD 8.0 is using those values without
> changing them .
>
> This idea is a pure guess , but
>  when FreeBSD 8.0 starts initially and USB key board does not work , there
> seems that this is most likely possibility .
>
> If it is possible the following steps may be useful :
>
> Initially start MacOSX , dump all of the related circuit register values .

How do I dump the keyboard circuit register values  for MacOSX and FreeBSD?

thanks.